In today’s episode, I’ll be sharing some of the biggest mistakes I’ve seen podcasters make when they’re trying to monetize their podcasts. Are you guilty of making one of the three mistakes? I see podcasters making these mistakes repeatedly, but you don’t have to be one of them. I’ve been in the industry long enough to witness some big monetization wins and losses so you can rest assured that my insights will help you monetize your podcast successfully. Many podcasters around the world are now making a living from their passion, and are encouraging others to follow in their footsteps.
It’s important to mention that commitment is very important for podcasts; it is dangerous to release episodes and see what happens. It’s better to commit to a well-crafted plan. Don’t just start a podcast to get rich in 2 months. If you would like to share your passion for a particular subject with a community of people who also want to improve themselves on that subject, then you have the right intentions. The goal is to bring value to your community while building your own reputation as a podcaster, and monetization will help you sustain that and generate revenue in the long term. And this episode will help you achieve exactly that. So don’t miss out.
- Busting the myth that there are only three ways to monetize a podcast (02:03)
- It’s not your content that people feel like is good enough, it’s your platform (05:06)
- The factors that determine how many downloads you get (07:08)
- Why holding out for sponsors is an uphill task that may not be worth it (09:56)
- You can’t start your podcast and expect to figure out monetization after you’ve built a following (11:54)
- Working on both the strategic and tactical simultaneously (17:52)
- Building a podcast doesn’t mean you’re going to monetize at some point in time (20:12)
- The value of getting a podcast tune-up/audit and where to get it (26:10)
- Taking action fast enough to fix the overwhelm that hinders monetization efforts (29:40)
- Start taking accountability seriously and get help from people who know what they’re doing (31:27)
- How to avoid getting overwhelmed as a podcaster (35:24)
Want to learn more? Join our private Facebook group here!
You can also find Christy and her team at www.teampodcast.com!